Free healthcare for students can be provided by the organization called National Health Fund (Polish: NFZ). EU citizens holding a student status in Poland are entitled to get free healthcare during the time of their studies.

If you are a student from outside EU/EFTA, you may sign a contract with the Wielkopolska Province Department of the National Health Fund (Polish abbreviation: NFZ) in order to obtain a health insurance. You will have to pay a small fee in order to be assigned to the NFZ.

For details please check: or ask us by email.

You can also read about health insurance HERE.


After you will become a PULS student and coming to Poland you must hold a health insurance valid for at least 3 months after coming to Poland. In this 3 months you are obliged to sign a contract with NFZ or other private insurance company – don’t worry the International Student Office is going help you with that.

European Health Insurance Card

In emergency situations students can seek help at the nearest Hospital Emergency Department or call an ambulance (112 – in case of any emergency, 999 – for an ambulance).
For more information call: 0 800 800 805 or 61 850 60 36 or 61 850 60 72 (Monday – Friday, from 8AM to 4PM)


If you need some basic medication you can visit any drugstore your have nearest to your location. They are located all around the city. Remember: in certain cases you may be asked to show a prescription.


In case of any danger you can call 112 or contact the Police directly – 997.


Most Embassies or Consulates are located in the Poland’s capital – Warsaw, approximately 350km away from Poznan. You can take a train or a bus to get there in just two hours.